OSWA strives for excellence in the psychosocial care of people with a cancer and those affected by a cancer.
We are dedicated to:
Facilitating communication and dialogue about the psychosocial care of those living with cancer and their significant others with consumers, the community and other service providers involved in cancer care.
Advocating and assisting in the development of policy that meets the psychosocial needs of those being treated with cancer.
Promote research and program initiatives that progress the care of all those affected by cancer.
Be a central repository of knowledge, resources, dissemination about psychosocial care and to further educate in this area of practice for the benefit of those who have been diagnosed, treated and survived a cancer.
The objectives of Oncology Social Work Australia Incorporated are to:
- Increase the profile of Oncology Social Work in Australia and advocate for our practice and our clients where appropriate.
- Acknowledge our professional contribution to cancer care and maintain professional excellence.
- Continue to expand Oncology Social Work practice through the exchange of information.
- Offer opportunities for ongoing professional education at the national and international level through provision of seminars, conferences, internet communication and international exchanges.
- Encourage discourse between Oncology Social Workers at the individual, state and international levels.
- Network Oncology Social Workers nationally.
- Provide a central repository of knowledge relating to Oncology Social Work in Australia.
- Facilitate opportunities to develop formal and informal professional networks with other Oncology Social Workers which will offer mentorship and the availability of peer review.
- Network and share as a group of professionals through activities and the development of social networks.
Follow us on Facebook